Sunday, October 16, 2011

Math Tool Box

At the beginning of the school year my students created their math tool box with a Sterlite clear container. Most of the math tools students will need are stored in this box. I have five tables in the classroom and each table has four to five students.  Each table shares this math tool box. Here is a list of the math manipulatives that are in the clear plastic box.
  1. Unifix cubes
  2. Clocks
  3. Rulers
  4. Colored tiles/circles
  5. Coins
  6. Paper bills
  7. Base 10 blocks
  8. Dice
  9. Spinners
Of course there are other math manipulatives that students use. Other math manipulatives I have them stored in plastic carts and bookshelves. At the begining of the school year I let my students know that anytime they need to use other math tools that they are welcome to take them to their desks.

No comments:

Post a Comment